It's Wednesday night and we are in the room early for a change. I took the lap top out for the first time since we left on Sunday, sad I know. Found out it was no problem connecting to high speed...hmmm...maybe I should have thought of this sooner? So we had a good ride out, except we had crummy weather from Saskatoon to North Battleford, as you can see below. But it looks like we're missing all the "warm" weather at home. Today Henry was kind enough to take a taxi to the sale so that we could have the truck. I took the kids to the sale around lunch and Raquel & I headed into Leduc to check out the antique store and a very unique store called "It's a Crock Country Store". After that we headed back to the city and checked out Ikea and LaSenza Girl. By then it was time to head back to the sale to pick up the "boys". The days go by quickly! The big highlight for tonight was supposed to be the rib tips at Montana's. Well we came to find out that the rib tips are being removed from the menu and were not available. So it took us a long time to figure out what we wanted because that was what we'd come for. When we were done our meal, the manager came over and apologized and offered to buy our dessert, so indulged in a mile high mud pie for dessert. Did you know that the mile high mud pie dessert is a whopping $9.79?? I'm beginning to think "vacationing" is ridiculously expensive. Hotels are also way too expensive for what you get! The only advantage of the one we're staying in Edmonton is that it's just been renovated so the room still smells like new carpet! Well, I should get off of here, our rambuncious crew is supposed to go to sleep, and it doesn't seem to be happening. The threat is a nap before the West Edmonton Mall tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment