Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"What Happens When Women Say YES to God"


So I just spent the last 15 minutes typing up this post to have lost it. Here goes again...
A couple of weekends ago two friends and I got out of our comfort zone and spent part of a weekend in the city attending the Lysa TerKeurst woman's conference at Calvary Temple. We had a lot of fun hanging out! We got our toes done at a cheap spa, and found out you get what you pay for! We used up a gift certificate to Earl's that Henry got for Christmas (he refuses to go there because of the barely dressed waitresses). Did a little shopping and two of us upgraded our purses...lol! After the conference on Friday night, we went to the cheap theater and watched a chick flick. We spent the night at the Sandman Hotel. But the best part was the conference! Our ladies in Sunday School have gone through Lysa's book "What Happens When Womens Say YES to God!" I have also read a book she co authored with Sharon Jaynes called "A Woman's Secret to a Balanced Life". Now I have purchased the book "What Happens When Women Walk in Faith" I also receive daily emails from Proverbs 31 ministries, which Lysa is a co founder of. So this was a great priviledge to see her in person! Here are some quotes from my notes that I like:
"When a woman says yes to God, she changes the world" (and if you've heard her amazing God stories, you would totally agree with this)
"God's love for me is so consuming that He can only have my best interests in mind"
"Park your mind, heart, and soul with truth, which will crowd out fears"
As well all know, you come away from these conferences so pumped but then you go home to reality and everything you have learned seems to fall by the wayside. Knowing this, Lysa gave us 4 things to remember and everything else would fall into place. I have now engrained these into my mind.
1) The First Thing - Ask God to be my portion (enough) for TODAY in whatever area my life falls short. Even Jesus asked for DAILY bread. Don't be concerned about what you will need to get through tomorrow, or in the days/weeks ahead, but TODAY.
2) The Next Thing - Do whatever is required of you (daily chores, work, etc) OR what God asks of you.
3) The Most Important Thing - "In ALL your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight" (Prov 3:6) Represent Christ in EVERYTHING you do.
4) The Last Thing - Thank God for all He has entrusted to you that day. Thanksgiving should be on our lips as we fall asleep.
I hope this can be an encouragement to you as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a great reminder of the weekend we had together!! Janet