I believe this originally comes from Facebook, but had a friend give this to me a while back. Been trying to clean up my office and wasn't sure where to file it, so I thought I'd file it on the blog! Thought I'd answer the questions while I was at it:)
In an affert to gat to know my Mannonite friends a little bit batter I taught I vould ask you some kvashtins about your life. I have here 25 kvashtins, val, maybe more but whose counting? Besaides naumbers gives me da creeps, dat government vit all it's naumbers schtoff, it's just a scam to make us more veltlich I tink.
Anyvase, put on your tinking cap, under da kerchief of course, and answer these tings for me okay?
* Do you own da most basic necessities like a knipsbrat, a picnic table and a lawn swing?
NO!
*Do you prefer compst borch or somma borcht?
That's a tough one...can't say I prefer one over the other...love them both!
*Is one of more of your relatives a "minister"?
Yes!
* Do you have aunts and uncles your age?
I don't, but Raquel has an uncle only 3 years and 9 months older than her (same age gap as between Dexter & Jeziah)!
*How many kinds of sweets and jam do you have for Sunday faspa?
It varies...but yesterday it was 3 kinds of sweets and 2 kinds of jam.
*Who do you think makes da best pickles ever?
me:)
* How long does it take you after meeting another Mannonite before you start to wonder if you could anyhows yet be related?
I think I often try to connect someone to another person I might know. I think it's cool to meet someone who knows someone you know in a far away place...that's what makes this a small world!
* Have you uttered the phrase "fon vaut sorte Pannasch bast du?"
No, but I'm sure my dad has as his mother was a Penner.
* Did you visit relatives in Alberta on your honeymoon?
Nope!
* Do you have partzeltye every day for the entire first week of the new year?
No, I'm just thrilled if I even get it once!
* Is your idea of keeping up with the "Jaunsis" having a bigger garden dan dem?
No competition there!
* Do you know exactly which spots in Manitoba have the best potatoe soil ever?
Probably not!
* Did you milk a cow when you were a kid?
I think I tried...I did grow up on a dairy farm for a few years of my life.
* Does it take you at least 3 settings to feed everyone at a family gathering?
Not anymore...but I remember a time when it did. Men first, then children, then women...whoever came up with that idea?
* Does it make your week gaunz till naxt Saunday when someone compliments your buns?
Can't say it does...
* Did you celebrate your 18th birthday by starting to listen to funeral announcements instead of Aunt Ollie on CFAM?
Have never been into either
* Did you think Stu Clayton was about as hot as they come?
Who's Stu Clayton?
* What did your parents treasure more, their Locust and Wild Honey Plautdietsch records or their Teichroebs book?
Definietly Locust & Wild Honey...would love to hear one of those again!
* Do you have more friendshauft in Mexico, Belize or Sout America?
Don't have a whole lot of relatives in these countries. Most friendshauft lives in Alberta!
* Do you have to buy at least 50 boxes of flapper eggs for Easter?
No, but I do remember flapper eggs at Easter!
* Do you have at least 3 Uncles with the same first name?
No, but a lot of doubles.
* Do you spring clean in fall?
I do fall cleaning in fall
* Would you actually die if someone saw you at the LC or would you just be gaunze marshich ashamed?
So does LC stand for liquor counter?
* Do you remember the "bangs debate"?
Can't say I do...never been a problem here.
* When you went to church on Sunday mornings, were you the kid holding someone on your lap or the kid being held?
I'll say neither, if anything I was the kid being held. Advantages of a small family!
* Do the words, Christmas vench, strike terror in your heart?
YES!
* Have you ever cruised a village?
Lol...oba yo!
* Did you share bath water with your siblings because it would run dat sista completely dry to fill the tub 14 times on a Saturday?
Can't recall sharing bath water, but could have been limited to how much was used because the well might run dry!
* Did your parents judge your date by how good a farmer their dad was?
Lol...discussions were definietly had about farming practices...not that it made a big difference as farming did not become our career!
1 comment:
Entertaining!
tash
Post a Comment