Monday, June 1, 2009

Gaither Homecoming!

On Sunday, May 17th we took our kids with us to the Gaither Homecoming at the MTS Center. I had asked them in January if it would be something that would interest them, and they decided to go for it! I had warned them it would be a long sit, and we came prepared with snacks, but they were fantastic!! No complaints all evening. Jeziah really had to fight the urge to fall asleep near the end. It was fun watching them see this performance in person. We have watched and listened to many of the videos for thousands of hours (no exaggeration), and to experience it in person is always extra special. Dexter doesn't show much emotion, but I did catch him tapping his arms during Jesse Dixon...lol...he didn't want to admit it that he was getting into it! Raquel just sits back and takes it all in. Jeziah is totally into it. He kills himself laughing at the jokes, claps with the beat, and soaks it all in. Raquel had asked me before the big night if Lynda Randall would be there. Lynda is one of Raquel's favorites. We were walking the concourse during intermission when we came across Lynda's table and saw she was signing autographs. I asked Raquel if she would like her picture taken with Lynda, and to my surprise she said yes! So we waited our turn and got this special moment...

One of the first things Lynda mentioned was Raquel's hair. I said we should have asked Lynda what kind of product she used for her curls!! Lynda is a very gracious lady.


The new Gaither Vocal Band has 5 members. This was our first time hearing them as a group, they have officially been a group since January. Left to Right is David Phelps, Mark Lowry, Bill Gaither, Wes Hampton, and Michael English. If you ever have a chance to read Michael English's book "Prodigal Son", I would recommend it.


The kiddos hanging out with Ernie Haase from Ernie Haase & Signature Sound. It was almost time for the show to start, and we were still wandering around the concourse. The concourse has TV monitors and it was playing EHSS, and Jeziah says "hey, there's those guys" (He has watched the "Together" video with EHSS & GVB ALOT!), and I said to him "those guys will be here tonight", and he looks at me with a bit of a puzzled look and says "I thought they were fake!" That was just too funny. And just as we finished the conversation, we came across the EHSS table, and all 4 guys were standing behind it. Our little boy was just awe struck. People were taking pictures with them, but our kids were just observing from the distance. I finally convinced Jeziah that he should have his picture taken with Ernie, so we got that done, and then Ernie came around the table to talk to Henry and the other two kids, and realized we were all the same family, so it was his suggestion to take this shot. Which was a good thing because later as I was looking through my pictures during the concert, I accidently deleted the picture of Jeziah and Ernie...I felt SO BAD. Thank goodness that Jeziah is a very forgiving kid, but I was told in no uncertain terms by all three not to delete this shot!
Dexter kept his money secure in his wallet that night, Raquel invested in a t-shirt from EHSS, and Jeziah invested his money in a CD from Mark Lowry, which has played non stop for the past two weeks! I can just see Jeziah being a Mark Lowry some day! It was a great way to spend time as a family on a Sunday night and I hope that the experience will help the kids to find their niche in music.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful experience for everyone! Loved this blog entry!

Mel

LW said...

Raquel...what a beautiful picture of you and Lynda.