September 18th, 1993
The wedding party plus spouses 15 years later!
So far Henry & I have been celebrating every 5th year milestone by doing something extra special. For our 5th year we went to Hecla & Winnipeg for the weekend. For our 10th we went to Cancun and also spent a weekend in Winnipeg (mind you, we spent most of that weekend shopping for our new house), and now we needed to come up with something for our 15th. My dream was to see Nashville. I enjoy music and wanted to see Tennessee. Last year we ended up taking a spur of the moment business trip in the deep south and spent a half day in Nashville, just enough to whet the appetite! So we talked about it a number of times, but the cost of flights and timing wasn't working out in our favor. And you know how it is, time gets away and nothing happens! In the meantime we were busy with many other things, the biggest thing for me in October was preparing for a scrapbooking retreat weekend. It was a struggle to get enough people committed to attend, even though many had seemed interested when I started with it. And it seemed for everytime one thing went right, two went wrong. Then I had a day where we had 5 cancellations and I was trying to see the bright side of things. I kept praying that I would persevere through the trial and see the positive learning experience in all of it. The morning after my bad day, I did a flight search from Winnipeg to Nashville for the fun of it, saw the price, but never gave it a second thought. I went on with my day, and I stuck in a Gaither video in hopes of lifting my spirits. Then this song started playing and it was exactly how I was feeling...
"Hold me While I Cry" by Gerald Crabb
It's been one of those days/If anything could go wrong, it went wrong/I know I'm feeling sorry for me/There's a lot of self pity going on/ Tomorrow I will be okay/The dawn will bring a brand new day/ I'm sure by then I'll be fine/Lord, today I really need a friend/I know that You understand/ Would you hold me while I cry *I take a lot of Your time/When I should be strong/I should be standing by now/But it's You I'm leaning on/You've always kept me safe from harm/Like a child in Your arms/ You've cradled me through hardships faced in my life/Lord, it's one of those days/ I've been fought in every way/Would You hold me while I cry* I try to be strong but, if anyone can fall aprt, I fall apart/I run back to You again and You heal my broken heart/You have truly been a friend, reaching out to lend a hand/Lord, when You could have passed my by/ I'm asking for Your strength today, lift my spirit, Lord, I pray/Will You hold me while I cry* (repeat chorus)
Within 5 minutes of hearing this song, I had a phone call. It was in regards to the spring concert we are working on. One of our performers is coming from Nashville and we were discussing the cost of plane tickets. So I mentioned what price I had come across in the morning and made comment that it was return from Winnipeg. He's like "really? from Winnipeg? that's very reasonable", and I was like "yes, you're right!" I so believe that it was God answering my prayers, maybe not giving me the people that I needed for the retreat, but reminding me that He hadn't forgotten about me or any other dreams I had. That is what got the ball rolling for what would become our 15th anniversary getaway! How's that for a memorable story? (btw, we ended up with enough people for the retreat, last minute:) Pictures from the big trip to come...

On September 18th, Henry & I celebrated 15 years of marriage! Wow! Where has the time gone?!? I thought it would be fun to get our wedding party together again especially because Cory & Tash were around. We had a great evening of food, fellowship and a rambunctious (sp?) game of spoons! Thanks friends for making the effort to come out and celebrate with us.
The wedding party plus spouses 15 years later!So far Henry & I have been celebrating every 5th year milestone by doing something extra special. For our 5th year we went to Hecla & Winnipeg for the weekend. For our 10th we went to Cancun and also spent a weekend in Winnipeg (mind you, we spent most of that weekend shopping for our new house), and now we needed to come up with something for our 15th. My dream was to see Nashville. I enjoy music and wanted to see Tennessee. Last year we ended up taking a spur of the moment business trip in the deep south and spent a half day in Nashville, just enough to whet the appetite! So we talked about it a number of times, but the cost of flights and timing wasn't working out in our favor. And you know how it is, time gets away and nothing happens! In the meantime we were busy with many other things, the biggest thing for me in October was preparing for a scrapbooking retreat weekend. It was a struggle to get enough people committed to attend, even though many had seemed interested when I started with it. And it seemed for everytime one thing went right, two went wrong. Then I had a day where we had 5 cancellations and I was trying to see the bright side of things. I kept praying that I would persevere through the trial and see the positive learning experience in all of it. The morning after my bad day, I did a flight search from Winnipeg to Nashville for the fun of it, saw the price, but never gave it a second thought. I went on with my day, and I stuck in a Gaither video in hopes of lifting my spirits. Then this song started playing and it was exactly how I was feeling...
"Hold me While I Cry" by Gerald Crabb
It's been one of those days/If anything could go wrong, it went wrong/I know I'm feeling sorry for me/There's a lot of self pity going on/ Tomorrow I will be okay/The dawn will bring a brand new day/ I'm sure by then I'll be fine/Lord, today I really need a friend/I know that You understand/ Would you hold me while I cry *I take a lot of Your time/When I should be strong/I should be standing by now/But it's You I'm leaning on/You've always kept me safe from harm/Like a child in Your arms/ You've cradled me through hardships faced in my life/Lord, it's one of those days/ I've been fought in every way/Would You hold me while I cry* I try to be strong but, if anyone can fall aprt, I fall apart/I run back to You again and You heal my broken heart/You have truly been a friend, reaching out to lend a hand/Lord, when You could have passed my by/ I'm asking for Your strength today, lift my spirit, Lord, I pray/Will You hold me while I cry* (repeat chorus)
Within 5 minutes of hearing this song, I had a phone call. It was in regards to the spring concert we are working on. One of our performers is coming from Nashville and we were discussing the cost of plane tickets. So I mentioned what price I had come across in the morning and made comment that it was return from Winnipeg. He's like "really? from Winnipeg? that's very reasonable", and I was like "yes, you're right!" I so believe that it was God answering my prayers, maybe not giving me the people that I needed for the retreat, but reminding me that He hadn't forgotten about me or any other dreams I had. That is what got the ball rolling for what would become our 15th anniversary getaway! How's that for a memorable story? (btw, we ended up with enough people for the retreat, last minute:) Pictures from the big trip to come...
1 comment:
Yea Loretta! I was so excited to see a new post. Anyway, it's great you and Henry have a great marriage and can enjoy time away for your anniversary. I know you had a great trip.
As far as your story goes God is just the coolest person ever. I could tell you story after story just from the last half a year how He came through. Not always when and how I thought He should but He was always there. So cool!
Post a Comment