It's cold today!! It was -31C at 9:00 a.m., and with the windchill it was supposed to have been around -47C. That means another day of no school and staying at home where it's warm! The forecast is for -52C windchill tomorrow, if that happens, I guess we will be seeing three days off from school this week! I was on CBC's website before and I came across this:
It could be worse…
The coldest wind chill recorded in Canada was at Pelly Bay, Nunavut, on Jan. 13, 1975, when 56-km/h winds made the temperature of –51 C feel more like –92 C.
So we have nothing to complain about...
In other news:
We are fighting flu bugs and cold bugs. Nothing serious, but it's there. Jeziah has been feeling the worst with some strange stomach ache. He seems better today (the 4th day), but still cries out in pain from time to time. The puppies were weaned from their mother on Saturday. They are doing well, but we really would like to find a home for them. We did have one family come and look on Monday, but they thought the pup would grow into too big of dog for them. And the most exciting news for me...I finished all our bookwork for 2007!!!! I think that's the first time ever that I have been done before January, before all the donation receipts even have arrived! I had a deadline for a government grant, that's why! But I think it's motivated me to stay on top of it for the rest of the year because January 08 bookwork is done already! Honestly, I'm so pumped, this means I don't have to sit inside for two weeks in April when it's nice outside already! And to top it all off, I'm totally caught up with Titan as well! Yay...
Today we will spend our time indoors. We are going to make buns & stew for supper, scrapbook a little, and maybe hang some pictures on the wall. And if the kids get too bored, they will have to clean my kitchen cupboards!
Stay Warm!
No comments:
Post a Comment