Monday, September 3, 2007

Good Bye Summer!

Here are some random thoughts and pictures from the last little while. Even though the summer has been busy, it has been good! A lot of memories have been made, and will be treasured for years to come. In the past two months we have fed and/or entertained 65 people, spent 18 nights at 4 different campgrounds, attended baby & wedding showers, attended 1 wedding, celebrated 5 family birthdays, kids celebreated 3 friends birthdays, spent 5 mornings at swimming lessons, attended VBS 5 evenings, helped in the camp kitchen one day, had work bees, kids had a couple sleep overs, shopped for school supplies, and Henry & I went on 1 date! Never a dull moment, yet yesterday I was hearing "It's boring at home". Only one more day, and that's about to change again. We're all excited about school starting, and finding a routine again. I've realized that I function better with somewhat of a routine, and I'm a lot more productive! Maybe I can even keep up with the updates now :) We had a Hawaiian theme "Cousins Carnvial" for Henry's nieces and nephews age 4 and up. I even attempted to make t-shirts for the kids. I need to learn a few things about doing iron on pictures. Unfortunately my great idea didn't work out too well!
Sometimes the age difference makes no difference, and then we have to take a picture to prove they can be best friends!
Raquel loves to hold and play with Rayleen. Camping together with Kim & her girls gives lots of opportunity for bonding!
And as summer draws to a close, it means three of us officially become another year older. Sorry Mom, but I only have a picture of one of us "aging"!

No comments: