The calm before the storm. We started noticing strange cloud formations. I went out on the south veranda to take some pictures. It was totally calm. Take note of the tree in the right hand corner.
Two minutes later and it was starting to feel eery and then one of the toys started driving across the yard. It was time to get inside! The wind was wicked in a matter of minutes.
I snapped this out of my kitchen window at the height of the storm. Remember that tree in the right hand corner? Well, it no longer exists. I was disappointed because this tree gave shade for my kitchen windows and I was planning my patio around this tree. I suppose better now than when all the landscaping was in place.
This is about 15 minutes after the storm, same shot as the first picture. We lost a couple of trees, the tips of two evergreens, and many branches. Reports are that 4 tornados were spotted in the MacGregor area. Did we experience one? I'm not sure, but it must have been very close. Huge trees were lost across the road as well. It gives me new understanding to those who experience devastation like this but on a greater magnitude. I mourn my favorite tree, but I have so much more to be thankful for. One thing I am grateful for is that Henry was still in the house, not up on the barn or somewhere down the road on his jog.
2 comments:
Yiks that was quite a storm you had! Sorry to hear about your tree, hopefully you can replace it with another.
They are nice pictures, even the one taken through your window.
Thanks!
Very eerie! I think you were narrowly missed by some serious tornado activity but still got a little, especially if you say some trees were missing their tops... The pictures were really fascinating. Glad you guys stayed safe.
tash
Post a Comment